Last night I went to the horse races and was taught how to bet by a middle-aged, Chinese businessman. But sadly not every night can be as glamorous as this. Tonight I stayed home and attempted to tackle the mountain of laundry growing in the corner of my living room. I despise laundry and lately have just been buying new shirts to hold me over until I brave the washing machine again. Well, tonight was the night and despite the fact that I have barely sat down all evening, I only managed to get one load done. Where has my time been spent you ask?...

My washing machine kept tripping the breaker and while it was just sitting, waiting for me to flip the switch so it could spring back to life, it would leak all of the water from inside out onto the floor. It has taken everything I have not to slip all over the kitchen! You can't see it in this picture, but water is all over the place. At several points it was soap suds covering the floor. Though with repeated moppings and washings of my feet things have stayed relatively manageable. I'm just not feeling inclined to do another load tomorrow! Hopefully the memory will fade quickly so I can finally start to feel good about my wardrobe again.

As a side note, who says money can't buy happiness?...
5 comments:
If I'm ever feeling bored, too serious or down, I just read your blog and I'm happy again. I'm glad money can buy Nutella since it can't buy knives.
Too bad I left the race early and didn't get taught how to bet by a chinese businessman. So, the real question is, did you win any dough? And, I totally agree Nutella=Complete Happiness!
That stuuf is the BEST. We used to eat that in Russia. I knoe they have it here, but for some reason I never by it.
I'm not sure about the whole laundry thing, new clothes are fun, but on the other hand what do you do with the dirty ones?
Your description of water all over the floor with suds at times reminds me of a Brady Bunch episode where Bobby puts a ton of soap in the machine and it gets the whole room sudsy from floor to ceiling. You can be grateful you didn't have that in your flat!
Oh Kelsey, I'm glad you think my blog is funny. I am only trying to be as brilliant as you are. I read your blog faithfully, you are hilarious!
Post a Comment