Luckily I have a lot of pictures to document this meal, as Joanne took one every time I tried something new. This, combined with everyone staring at me as I took a bite, did not instill a lot of trust, but most things turned out to be okay.
Andrew's unfinished chicken foot (I ate a little more than him, but not a lot

Koon's plate of bones after devouring his chicken foot
The jellyfish (it tasted watery and seemed to expand as I chewed)
The jellyfish (it tasted watery and seemed to expand as I chewed)
This should impress Levy, as it will creep everyone else out: I'm eating, unbeknownst to me, pig blood.

This actually just tasted like mushrooms and tofu, but I'm still going to steer clear in the future.
PS: I saw a car like Qais' a few days ago and got really excited to see him for a minute before reality sunk in: I'm in Hong Kong. This is one love that will not die!

4 comments:
Two words for you: wow and yuck. Did you know what everything was before or after you ate it? I'm truly impressed, and can't help but think no wonder you've lost weight.
Hey, This is Levy now . . . . .WOW, and YES, I am impressed! Chicken feet (as long as it is cooked in that red stuff) isn't as bad as one would think (though also not something you seek after-the-fact). Same goes for the pigs blood and jelly fish. Either than that though, Dim Sum is one of those things that I REALLY miss out in HK. It is an acquired taste, but when you acquire it, you'll crave it on all the major Holidays . . . . Love you Kels . ..
You are a much braver soul than I am.
Kelsey,
look at you! I'm so impressed that you are eating such interesting (and by interesting I mean gross) food. I'm not sure I could eat those things. You are a brave soul.
Post a Comment