Saturday, February 7, 2009
I Spy With My Little Eye
Last night, after having dinner with a 30 year old man (that's right. oh, and did I forget to mention that he is a lawyer for Goldman Sachs? silly me), I called Katie for a chat. The weather was so lovely that I stopped at a park near my home to talk there for a while. I always feel quite safe in HK, but the part of me that still cringes each time a car passes for fear of a drive-by shooting, was checking around the park, making sure no one could come and attack me from behind. As I checked all the angles and assured myself that I would be able to spot any attackers pre-strike, I caught a glimpse of the creepiest man staring up at me from a hole in the fence. I jumped before I could realize that it was actually a poster for a tv personality on a lower fence. Hopefully these photos will help illustrate the creepiness of the situation. Now if only I could have gotten pictures from my dinner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Remember the time we were at Shauna's and a car drove by and you dove to the ground in case a drive by shooting occurred? Also, if I saw that eye looking at me I too would be creeped out.
i think creepy raccoon man was actually STEVEN
picture me. hands up to my face.
Didn't I teach you better than that? And here I was feeling comfortable with you being out there on your own... Yes, I know nothing happened, but what if? Remember when Katie wanted to walk around the green belt at night with her friend? What was the answer? That's right and the same goes for you, too.
Macey was casually looking, and asking who's blog it was when I zoomed in on the first pic. She saw the man, and said "what?" with a detectable amount of confusion and disgust. I loved it.
I also love how humongous his face appears. Like an oversized cartoon character. I'm just teasing, it really is creepy.
Also, I don't remember wanting to walk the greenbelt at night. Mom's crazy.
My friend had a blog post about growing up in the valley in the 80s and I was pleased to see it included this little number:
28) Worried about drive by shootings at school.
It comforts me to know we're not alone. If only the fears were limited to the schoolyard...
I know you tried to shame me for my provincial alarm at roaming the metropolitan streets at night with your big city girl "pshaws". Well, I'm sticking to my valley of the sun induced rules for safe conduct: Don't roam alone at night! Enough said. Now, eat your veggies, lay off the chocolate, turn off the computer and go to bed!
Post a Comment