Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pizza! Pizza!

For the most part, a day at work is pretty low key for me. But in a recent effort to spice up our programs, we offered some special Easter activities. We capitalized on the students' time off from regular school and planned a field trip to Pizza Express. Fliers were printed, a bus was rented, and students eagerly signed up for the opportunity to make their own pizza in a real restaurant. Being the senior teacher, I attended on the first day and helped iron out any kinks. I was also fortunate enough to be the only adult able to make my own pizza. We donned our aprons and caps and set to work. Dough was kneaded and thrown, sauce spread, toppings nibbled, and cheese grabbed by the handful.

Needless to say, it was a wild success with the students and I also had a bit too much fun. As an added bonus, the final product was quite delicious.

5 comments:

Minharos said...

Sounds fun! I wish I could have been there, but it seems like a long way to travel to make pizza.

Those pizzas look delicious, and very large. How many slices do Chinese kids eat?

Kristine hipps said...

Yum, yum. Of course, such a delicious food has to appeal to people in every country. Any special Asian toppings not found on our pizzas?

The Kingsley Family said...

It's great how pizza can bring everyone together!

Brown Sugar said...

pizza's pretty cool. glad you are having fun with those people.
sorry if you felt left out from our news b/c of your location, but try to feel better knowing that location had nothing to do with it. we would have told you through blog anyways b/c we know how angry babies make you.
- matt b.

Pianoman88323 said...

Sounds like people love pizza everywhere. MMM