I don't know if it's the spotty internet connection in my new apartment, the fact that I'm in a new apartment, or my new commute to work sucking up all of my energy, but I am seriously lacking the blogging zeal I once possessed. Countless, bloggable events have occurred in the past few months and I have yet to catalogue them for your viewing pleasure. I apologize that all I have been able to throw your way is a post about my hair (without pictures even!). I hope to be better, but we'll see... they say one of the steps to forgiveness is restitution, so let's start with that. Without delay, I give you: DISNEYLAND!

I'm much happier than I look.
Many of my Tuesday's off of work are squandered on silly things like institute, but this particular Tuesday I finally got my priorities straight and set off for one of the five happiest places on earth: Disneyland Hong Kong. Much smaller in size, the park feels intimate and less intimidating to finish in one day (think Disneyland with only 200 people). Plus, the food is spectacular and cheap, cheap, cheap (well by Disneyland standards).



I hear it is never overly busy and while this makes me sickened with the Hong Kong people, it does mean walking on to every single ride with no wait at all. Except for Autopia, you can
never walk straight on to Autopia.


We made it onto every ride in the park with the exception of the teacups. I personally believe
Alice in Wonderland and her dreadful teacups should never have been allowed access into the world of Disney. I guess every corporation is allowed a few mistakes (think
Fox and the Hound) and I shouldn't hold it against them. But I digress, we did every ride, watched every parade, show, and fireworks display with prime seats every time.


I also walked through Mickey's house for the first time and met the mouse himself. This was never considered a possibility as a child, as the line usually contained at least half of the park's guests for that day. Tooo long to meet a man dressed in a mouse costume. But in DL HK, anything and everything is possible.



While I do ultimately prefer the original DL, HK's has its perks. Take getting there: an already fantastic train system in HK beefed up with mickey head shaped hand grips, encased Disney themed statues and busts, plush blue velvet benches, and twinkly lights installed in the ceiling. It's like you have already arrived long before you ever enter the gates.


But once you have entered...



it's the same old familiar DL.


Asian Pirates. As amazing as it sounds.

The Hong Kong portion of Small World

Meet Adam. He loves all things Disney and was the perfect DL partner, though even he thought my skipping up to the front entrance a little over the top. We sang, danced, and ate our way through the park. And while we never made it on the Cantonese or Mandarin Jungle Cruises, I would still say it was the perfect day.
5 comments:
How I wish I could have accompanied you on your magical adventure. I'm sorry your DL partner didn't skip with you into the entrance. Because if you ask me, it's the only appropriate way to enter such a place.
Oh Kelsey, it's exactly the same. The same flowers, the same indian and the same asians- only this time you're the tourist. It looks magical, and I too with I could have been there. I think Disneyland Hong Kong may be the only way to take children to Disneyland. Think about it.
Also, are the pirates real? They look fake, but I can't imagine the happiest place on earth making statues with expressions like that.
Thanks for sharing some happiness with us all.
Oh, you don't know how I've longed for a glimpse into your fabulous trip to the celestial, I mean Magic Kingdom.
How incredible to not have thousands of tourists crowding in front of you or cutting off your access to sidewalks during prime parade seat staking time.
Looks like the food and fun were great and you look really cute, too!
PS What, no picture of you kissing the Indian statue?
The Autopia picture reminded me of all the pictures of you guys on various rides throughout the years. In my mind's eye I saw you looking back at the camera while riding the Autopia car with short hair and cool sunglasses your freshman year. Great memories!
You better believe those pirate are real. And they only had eyes for the man behind the camera. Let's just say DL is NOT the place to go to get hit on by straight men.
PS: I do not mean to imply that Adam is also not straight, he just attracts a lot of attention with that hair-do.
Once again--leaving a comment that has little to do with the post--I love the no bang look. You look great!
Post a Comment