Is it weird to write a post about your own birthday? It seems a little self-congratulatory, but whatever. If I was worried about publicly bragging or seeming self-involved I shouldn't have a blog, right?
Last week, as Zach put it, I became an adult. 24. There it is, I'm old. Officially. (Is it too soon to start lying about my age?) And since I am maturing in years, I looked to a very mature source for birthday celebration inspiration: Gossip Girl. More specifically Blair Waldorf. If anyone knows how to throw a fashionable soiree it's her. Or at least the creators of her character. But I'm splitting hairs.
After getting ready Hills style at my friend Emily's, we set out for Grand Lux in Scottsdale. This isn't Manhattan, but I think it served as a suitable substitute for Butter. We were a tad bit overdressed, but it wouldn't be a Blair style b-day party without everyone dressed to the nines. Again, no couture, but I think we presented a strong showing.

That was Tuesday, Wednesday was spent in a very non-Blair way: dinner with the parents. I was asleep by 9 (How do those Upper East Siders party so hard all the time?! It's exhausting!). Both were great nights.
(Super cute scarf my mama made.)
(not pictured, but deserves honorable mention: all three Jurassic Park films I've had my eye on for quite some time)
(Super delicious cake my mama made)
Everyone keeps saying 24 will be a great year, here's hoping!

2 comments:
Mmmmmm. Think it's somebody's birthday out there. Better celebrate with more cake :)
You look hot hot hot! And super innapropriate.
I just realized I missed Macey's half birthday. I better make that cake to celebrate asap!
Happy belated b-day
Post a Comment