Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Views From My Flat

I’m Cupcake and I’ll be your hostess…

I know, I know, I’ve been on Disneyland’s Jungle Cruise way too many times, but I think the line fits this post quite well. (Side note: the other teacher at my school is from the UK and says “quite” quite often. It sounds so proper and dignified when he says it that I’ve decided I should too. Of course, that could be the accent…) Anyways, per Levy’s request, I am going to give everyone a visual tour of some of the views I see everyday.


This is High Street. It is home to several restaurants, hair salons (Including “Kiss For Hair.” Curious.), motor, and flower shops. It is also home to Meadow English Learning Center where I work and Ko Wang Court, where I live. Here is my building front.



Don’t let the marble exterior and shiny doors fool you. Behind the marble front façade and interior lobby lurks an aging, trashy building. Case in point: my flat’s front door. I was going to write my flat number, but what with the perverts and this being an open blog, I better not! My building has a few security guards, but I doubt there physical capability. They mostly sit inside watching you fumble for your keys to get in.


Once inside my flat, they are many views for the eyes to feast on. Forget the deer roaming the backyard in Pittsburgh, in Hong Kong you get real live humans up close and personal! (Actually, I took these photos on the day of the typhoon so not as many people were out.)



These are the views from my front window. The sign for the flower shop on the right is normally lit up. It is red and flashes at night. I feel like I am living in a red light district! This next picture is the view from my kitchen. If you look at the top of the picture you can see the crane for the construction they are doing. I’m not sure what they are working on, but it must be important – they are always working on it!


The following two pictures were taken looking out my two dining room windows. The one with the flowers is the best view and makes me happy to see it. Actually, even though they are a little junky, I like all the views in my flat (I better because I don’t really have curtains!). It is so different from what I am used to, but exciting!

3 comments:

Minharos said...

Pretty Cool!! Kind of has that Alfred Hitchcock Rear Window Feel doesn't it! Sit back, and look at the going on's in the world around you!! The neighborhood also seems pretty nice. At least nicer than anywhere I lived . . . but then again, that's not saying much.

Brown Sugar said...

Kelsey there are a number of things that I want to address in this comment: a) I love your blog and check it every day. b) your commentary on China makes me laugh and I cant wait until you get home so we can talk about our strange friends in the East. c) your big city life is so exciting and cosmopolitan that I want to call you Posh Spice and d) never question my love for car accessories and please try to document these mind boggling Hello Kitty dash figurines.

Minharos said...

AMEN too part D) of Brown Sugar's comments!!!!!