Finally having some time to see the more touristy side of Hong Kong, I spent Saturday at the Man Mo Temple and the Hong Kong Park. I forgot to utilize my camera at the Temple, but to be honest it was a little bit of a let down. Large incense coils hang from the ceiling, creating a very smoky atmosphere. As much as my neighbors daily burning has mellowed my natural aversion to incense, it was still a bit too much for me.
But where Man Mo let me down, HK Park pulled through to become the better part of my day. The park is pretty elaborate with several historical buildings, a tai chi garden, and an aviary. I was particularly jazzed about the aviary and the bulk of our time was spent there.
Some of these pictures were taken in the aviary (think birds and foliage), while others were taken from the look out tower at the park (more buildings, less birds). Those last two (plus the repeat) are my assurance to you that Hong Kong most definitely celebrates Christmas in style. Merry Christmas!
*Sorry to anyone who tried to check out the blog within the past few days and saw that it was private. I was hoping to fix that before anyone saw, but apparently a few people had some problems. Hopefully there won't be any issues in the future.

3 comments:
Kelsey,
your pictures were breathtaking. I'm so glad you found the tourist within and visited the temple. It looks like you had a wonderful time.
That is beautiful! I like the pictures that let me be in that incredible city, too. Thanks
I didn't know HK was so beautiful. I'm glad you showed us!
Post a Comment