Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Party Time

I've had a rough past week, as Emily and Meghan both left Hong Kong to move back home. These were the first friends I met here and I am quite sad to see them leave. Fortunately we were able to party it up in true Hong Kong style before they left. The theme for the evening was A Country Club Christmas and as much as I hate dressing up for parties, I knew I couldn't pass up the opportunity to dress to excess.

Being a true country-clubber, Sis. McKinley proved an excellent resource for all costuming decisions. Karissa and I left her house on Sunday loaded up with clothing, jewelry, and all other necessary accessories. In the end I looked like an equestrian champion with Karissa as my protective stage mother (not technically a stage mom, but what is the equestrian world's equivalent?). Needless to say it was awesome. The best part is that most people in attendance didn't really know what the theme of the evening was; there were only about 5 of us that dressed up. We hope everyone just assumes this was a normal look for us, after all it is for Sis. McKinley.

Karissa and I

Nicola, Meghan, Karissa, Andrew

Meghan, Karissa, Emily, Me

6 comments:

Bikram Back Row Girl said...

Can I borrow the equestrian outfit???


Looks like lots of fun!

Minharos said...

I'm sorry for your bad week. Whenever you're feeling low just look at these pictures because they're fabulous! Well done Kelsey, well done.

Don't forget to call me when you want to talk because I always want to talk :) Love you.

The Kingsley Family said...

Kelsey,
From the time you told me about your outfit I have been dying to see it. Now that I have there's one thing I would like to say: won-der-ful. Kelsey, looking like that you can accomplish anything and I don't want you thinking any different. Chow baby!

Meg said...

Stunning... I do love how we were able to turn Country Club into an international affair. Good job on bringing in the British equestrian flair.. oh how I miss the HK!!! Have fun without me.

Kristine hipps said...

You look like you stepped out of a Polo ad or else you're Gus and his model friends from an episode of Psych.
You pull the look off very well.You're a born elitist (maybe that's where Macey developed her love for all things NPR).

Lindsay Militello said...

You really look at home in that outfit. Maybe in a previous life you were a British lady who was a master equestrian!