Monday, January 19, 2009

Viva Macau

The week of New Years I went over to Macau with the McKinley's. The point of the trip was to see the Cirque Du Soliel show playing, but we didn't limit our time to strictly this. Plenty of sights were taken in and the Mckinley's son, Andrew even squeezed in bunging jumping off of this:

the world's highest bungee jump.
We had some delicious food, saw plenty of elaborate churches, and yes, eventually made it to Cirque Du Soliel.

My second trip was far less satisfying, arriving at 11:30 Sunday night and leaving Monday morning. I needed to leave Hong Kong and come back in to renew my tourist visa so I made the trip over by myself and stayed at the first hotel I came across. Coming back into Hong Kong, I was detained at immigration for the second time in a week. So much fun. Fortunately, they did eventually let me leave and now I'm just bracing myself for the next time I have to travel...

2 comments:

The Kingsley Family said...

Thank you for sharing that wonderful adventure. Kelsey, be careful while you travel, you don't become stuck in some Chinese prison. Because heaven knows you couldn't take it.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Oh wow! I am just cruising along and reading your blog. You are such a cutie! I hope you didn't have to pull a Jason Bourne on immigration to get out of there. What a pain!!!

Good luck for next time!

Aimee Teerlink