Monday, August 18, 2008

An Emergency Turned Photo Op

I live within walking distance of my work. While walking this morning, I noticed an ambulance out in front. Very attractive paramedics were rushing a stretcher out of the back and up to a building. I was naturally concerned and began to question who was hurt. Was it one of the kids or one of my coworkers?! I picked up my pace to check it out. Then for all of the rushing they had been doing, they slowly returned the stretcher to the ambulance. The crowds gathered around didn't seem concerned so I relaxed a little. By then I was close enough to see the camera crews all over and the fancy cameras set up to capture the whole incident. It turns out those unnaturally attractive paramedics were weren't wasting their looks saving people, but in actuality were actors. Apparently our street is the location for some new film. Koon, my boss didn't have much more information on what they were filming, but assured me there were no stars anywhere around. I guess I will have to travel further than my own street to meet Jackie Chan.

I took this photo after the actors had left. It was much more chaotic this morning, but you can get the gist hopefully.

7 comments:

Minharos said...

How exhilarating. you should have tripped or fainted to see what they would do. Come on Kelsey, you've got to think on your toes when you're in a big city.

Too bad they weren't filming the Chinese ER. That would be really exciting!

On a side note the other night Atticus was talking to Levy's mom and he ran up to me and said "Mom, where Kelsey lives?" I told him and he walked away telling her "Kelsey lives in Hong Kong." (Don't forget to imagine the high voice with lots of tonal inflections) It was pretty funny. (Now before you get too homesick you should know that he's been awful lately, and I'm envious of your position on the other side of the world!)

Lindsay Militello said...

It's too bad you didn't get into the background of the shot. They could get to editing the film and say, "Where did that blonde girl come from?"

Kristine hipps said...

I thought you were a bigger ham than to hang back around the periphery! Come on!! Unless you're planning on wearing a tight sweater and sitting in the soda shop (ala Lana Turner) you're going to have to be more proactive if you want the fame!

Matthew Hipps said...

I think you should have been using pig-latin or some other un-intelligible language to get attention. Maybe then you could get in the picture. Sounds like you are having a great time! Keep entertaining us. We will be living vicariously through you and Zach.

Mabeynot said...

What a way to start out the adventure!! When I worked for the Newspaper in Salt Lake "Touched By an Angel" filmed a scene in our alley. I got to hear lots of squealing tires and speeding cars but no emt's.(attractive ones at that) :) What will tomorrow bring? We are all in suspense......

kelsey said...

I have a slight update for this situation. Later that afternoon the actors returned and for not being stars, they sure got some preferential treatment! I watched a woman jump into scene to dab sweat from one of the emt's forehead. So apparently people here sweat, they just have personal assistants to clean up the mess!

Minharos said...

I'd forgotten that "hong Kong peoples" don't sweat! I remember thinking to myself, that "if I can only convince myself that I enjoy being wet and salty all the time, I can get used to this place!!"

On a side note: The Island is a type of "Fantasy land." EVERYBODY looks amazing. Go to Kowloon, and the further in you travel, the more of the real Hong Kong you'll find!

Levy

p.s. Aren't Octopus cards amazing!!