Saturday, August 23, 2008

Snow Day 2.0

Last night while shopping in Mongkok I saw a news report for a typhoon heading towards Hong Kong. The people I was with pointed it out and translated for me. Koon explained that we probably wouldn’t have work tomorrow because the government closes everything down for a typhoon 8. 8 seems like a pretty high number to me and I was mildly concerned. I don’t know if something was lost in translation (or added in this case), but no one else seemed worried. So I have decided to drop the concern and focus on the fact that I get to stay home from work! I’m not sure how bad the storm will get, but for now everything seems to be fine. Wish me luck!

*I wrote this yesterday and believe it or not: I survived!

2 comments:

Sydney Vivian Lambson said...

and because of that typhoon we were separated. sad

Minharos said...

Hong Kong is just rapidly showing you all it has to offer. Pretty soon you'll be an old pro.