After spending some time in Hong Kong I can officially say I understand Levy a little better. His mango obsession (along with many of his other food fetishes) and sleeping patterns seem so much more clear now. But mostly I am finally understanding his deep, undying love for Hong Kong. It is an amazing city, sure, but what I am referring to is how much this city was tailor made for him. If you need proof, just check out these photos I snapped on Saturday night in Times Square.


That's right: capoeira complete with traditional music and chanting! I was headed up the escalator into the mall to meet some people for dinner (Sydney, the friends had picked that same Thai restaurant we went to; it was just a delicious the second time!) when I got an overhead peak into the surrounding circle. I got off the escalator and headed right back down to snap some pictures. There were even some people wearing Brazilian soccer jerseys! I was filled with nostalgia, had a good laugh, and then headed off for dinner. So Katie and Levy, forget about taking a trip to Brazil this year, you can experience that culture and so much more right here in Hong Kong (not to mention with me)!
2 comments:
i'm so sad i didn't visit you!!
I'm in, now to convince Levy. What am I saying, he would jump at a chance to go to hong kong. Now to consult our finances :)
Post a Comment