Yesterday I officially fell in love. There was no need for courtship; it was love at first site.
After institute I headed over to The American Club with Karen McKinley. She is a member of this very exclusive club and had promised to take me to lunch there. I had been eagerly anticipating this day for weeks . Well yesterday my day arrived and boy did it live up to the hype! I am officially a woman who lunches.
Clad in our preppiest best, we enjoyed the views, the salad bar, and wearing oversized sunglasses. If only I had a sun hat! After lunch we went for a swim and took in the ocean views. Walking back to the locker rooms, we passed an old-timey popcorn machine and I got myself a cup. It was magical and I don't think I'll ever be the same again. I am at least twice as classy as I was pre-American Club. And now when people ask me what I want to do with my life I will have to lie and say something academic while I'll really be wishing I was an expat's wife.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Fun! I just looked at their website and realised they stock groceries too...hmmm more than one reason to become a member!
Glad you had such a fun day!
Oh the American Club! I had tennis lessons there and have swam many a lap in that pool. Really Kelsey? you want to be an elitist?
I was just wondering how that went. I'm so glad you had fun. Don't forget to take me along when you do become the wife of an expat with American Club benefits. I'd totally be an elitist with you!
I don't think my mouth's off the floor - how low class of me. Boy, Toto, we're not in Queen Creek anymore.
Sigh. I want to be in oversized sunglasses too!
i have a question...were the lockerrooms nude? I went to a similar place in Russia (the mission pres. wife got us in and I was shocked that the lockerrooms were so unAmerican!
Good times Kelsey. Will we still be able to abide in your company upon your return?
Post a Comment