Monday, October 27, 2008

Follow Up

Thanks everyone for your kind words in regards to my self esteem issues. It was a rough patch and you all helped pull me through. This week things are already looking up. This morning I got out of the shower about ten minutes before I had to be to work. I pulled my wet hair into a bun, pinned back my bangs, and threw on some clothes. I would say it wasn't my most attractive look. So I was all the more surprised when one of my students, who was busily working on a puzzle, started casually repeating, "You are so beautiful," over and over. I asked him what was so beautiful, thinking he was talking to his puzzle, and he looked up at me with an exasperated expression and said "You are so beautiful," like I was the dumbest person he knew. At this point the other boy in class chimed in with "you are beautiful." I laughed and they got back to work, but the first boy kept repeating under his breath, "so, so beautiful." Apparently I should never do my hair and makeup again; it seems to be a real crowd pleaser. -Well, at least with 4 year old boys.- Here's the one who initiated the adoration. The other boy was the adorable one from the hair care lesson.

3 comments:

Minharos said...

What a cutie.

Apparently "devil eyes" refers to the blueness of your eyes, and is not to say that you have evil radiating out of you. Basically they just think you're a super freak. That's not always a bad thing.

Remember it's better to be called devil eyes or Celine than to have your belly rubbed by a laughing Chinese man who is simultaneously calling you fat!

Kristine hipps said...

My, My, but don't the asian "men" have a thing for you! You better tone down your charms, but I'm not sure how since the sans hairstyle & makeup look didn't diminish your appeal. I think you'll just have to live with the fact that your a hunk magnet!

Mrs. Allens Class said...

Kelsey. No way. Do you remember me? We used to laugh throughout the entire period of seminary... and drive everybody crazy!!! Lol. Wow, Hong Kong- that's wonderful. My dad served a mission there, I've heard it's beautiful. Keep in touch :)