My Halloween has been a little pathetic this year. And while I always hated the holiday in years past, I still feel slightly gypped. At school none of the students got excited despite the festive decorations hanging up. Hoping holiday spirit was contagious, I wore a purple and black shirt (I don't own any orange) and wrote "Happy Halloween!" on the white board. I even stuck a fake spider on the ceiling in one of the classrooms, but it all went unappreciated. The one bright spot was Eugene - one of my favorites - who told me his costume was all white, like an angel so he could fight the evil of Halloween. He is basically amazing and loves to tell me how Jesus is in his heart. I bet he is, Eugene, I bet he is. (Was that too sacrilegious? I hope not).
This evening I was invited to a Halloween party, but costumes were a must (as well as socializing, I assume), so clearly I opted to stay home. Splurging on a pizza seemed like a good idea, but now I feel sick and dissatisfied. All in all, not one of my better Halloweens, and trust me, the bar was never set high.
I hope everyone else has a better day and sends me photos from the Halloween party (Mom, this really is a directive to you). Actually, I would like to see photos of all of the nieces and nephews in their costumes! Please.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I have a pic of your niece eating candy like there's no tomorrow..but I don't have your email to send it to you!
Kelsey, Kelsey, Kelsey,
I guess Halloween doesn't get any better in another country. If it makes you feel better my halloween wasn't that spectacular either. Johnathan and I ate Wendy's and passed out candy to the 6 people that came. The good part is we have a lot candy left over. Speaking of candy, remember when I was in Pittsburgh last Halloween and we kept eating all the candy Katie got for the trick or treaters? That was a good time.
Your wish is my command. I'll e-mail them to you asap and also post the best (especially Bob Wiley and Leo Marvin) on my blog! Speaking of halloween candy, Macey and Atticus have so much - think big, full size candy bars - so they think that breakfast, lunch, snack & dinner are covered. Not very nutritious but it's making meal prep pretty easy!
Post a Comment