Tuesday, September 2, 2008

An Apology and An Explanation

I know I promised more posts now that I'm connected, but life seems to get in the way of my blogging! Last Tuesday I went to a computer expo in Wanchai. My boss had a pass to get in for free so I thought I would head down. My computer, as everyone who comes in contact with it mentions (including the man who connected my Internet; he suggests reinstalling everything, because there is something very wrong with it), is extremely slow! So I headed out in search of more RAM or an entirely new computer.

Apparently the rest of Hong Kong got the day off for this expo, because the place was packed! I mean really packed; more than the typical crowds of Hong Kong. I was a sardine in a large can of electronic-crazed Asians. Feeling overwhelmed I gave up on the laptop search and happened upon the Vivatar booth. A few minutes and about USD$113 later, I became the proud owner of a new digital camera. This picture was taken by the Vivitar man at the expo. Strangely, there doesn't appear to be much of a crowd behind me, but trust me, they were there!

When I graduated high school I was given a digital camera as a present. And while I loved it and it has served me well for the past 3 years, an upgrade was long overdue. My new camera is much faster and smaller and takes considerably better photos. And as a bonus, I was given many free gifts, including a very creepy t-shirt, a tripod, backpack, and 2-handled bag (why 2 bags, I don't know).


I have finally undertaken the task of downloading all of the software for the camera and can now upload my pictures. In other words, I can really get into the swing of blogging again! So accept my apologies for negligence and enjoy!

1 comment:

Brown Sugar said...

oh trust me I am enjoying it.