Don't worry, I have more to post on Mid-Autumn Festival, but in the meantime...
Remember the scene in The Dark Knight when Batman jumps from the building in Hong Kong with the claw-like roof top? Well, its called the IFC Tower and I just ate dinner there. In fact, I realized this week that I can see it from my street. I was walking home one day and just looked at the skyline only to discover how close it is! Everyone here always says what a small place Hong Kong is and I'm starting to believe them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
In Hong Kong, there are 3 different worlds. The world on the Street (with roasted ducks hanging on claws in the shop windows), the World in the Sky (Whenever you just stop and look up, you realize you live in a whole other reality); and Mong Kok (and little towns like it) where china town take's on a whole new meaning . . . .
How often does Levy check your blog? He always beats me to commenting- I think he's obsessed! Oh well, it happens to the best of us. Now if he would just read mine as religiously...
I didn't realize that some of these comments were from levy! To relate my experience to yours: all of the movie connections I ever get to Russia is that they are the bad guys, KGB. i noticed it a lot more after living there. But Batman, that is cool. I didn't see the movie, so I wouldn't have noticed it.
That is so cool! Do you remember when they were filming that movie, The Kingdom (?), out at Williams AFB? Each time we'd drive by (if the traffic could get through between takes) we'd peer out at the "props" that were supposed to look like a Bagdad city. The movie trailers (since I didn't see the movie) actually looked pretty real, but the highway scenes totally looked like the Santan section of the 202! I don't think the Hong Kong bureau of tourism/revenue/... has to worry about competing with Queen Creek!
Post a Comment