Sydney and I at Times Square
(We had to wait around until we found someone who spoke English and looked trustworthy enough to work the camera...it took a while)
The 1920's Paris expat lifestyle has always intrigued me and now that I am one, I can say that being an expat suits me well. I may being hanging out with Lambsons instead of Picasso's and Fitzgerald's, but Gertrude Stein has always scared me and Hong Kong is not without its charms. Where else can you hang out with such interesting characters?
The above photo was taken at the airport. The person inside was jostling Sydney and I quite a bit and we are concerned it might have been a cry for help! Like they were imported here from the Philippines against their will or something. This last photo was taken at the bus stop for the airport flier on Sunday. I went with the Lambsons to the airport and hung out there until they got on a flight.

So if you are making any vacation plans just look at the great time you can have here in beautiful Hong Kong with me, your devoted tour guide! (I feel like an announcer on a game show!) It will be great, I promise!

3 comments:
There IS something sophisticated and exciting about meeting an old friend for dinner in a foreign country. I'm envious.
I'm ok w/ the Far East being your ex-pat destination. I'm not too keen on the whole alcoholism road to literary notoriety. Now if Papa Hemingway had lived now maybe he'da been a blogger!
Oh, I forgot! When you mentioned the poor trapped person inside the bubble suit, I remembered a certain poor, minimum wage employed teenager wearing a plastic Jack the Clown head (under severe duress), standing outside said establishment and having a bus full of cheerleaders all want to throw their arms around & pose with "Jack" - shivers still...
Post a Comment