Yesterday, my day off, was spent out in the city. I went to institute and then bought a delicious tandoori chicken wrap for lunch. I eventually found my way home on the mini buses (quite an accomplishment, let me tell you) and then set to work making naan bread (see pic below). Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), I was having a pretty fantastic day. Then after being home for a while I realized that it was raining quite hard outside. I knew Typhoon Hagupit was coming, but I was under the impression it would hit today, Wednesday. This would get me out of work for another day and ultimately make me even happier. Well, Hagupit had other plans and decided to strike last night. We went to signal 8 by 6 o'clock and stayed there through the night. This morning we were back to 3 and I had to go to work. This was enough of a disappointment, but the heavens decided to let loose this morning (much stronger than last night) and I got drenched walking home from work for lunch.

To compound my misery, I have something leaking brown water (at least I think its water) all over my kitchen floor. Repeated mopping and bleaching seem to have no effect on the situation. I have deduced that a pipe or something connected to the outside leaks in under my sink. The cabinets are rotted (presumably this has been a problem for quite a while) and as the water passes over it picks up some of the rot juice. Disgusting! I would complain to my landlord, but I can't speak Cantonese, leaving us at a bit of an impasse. I was going to have Koon call for me, but
he didn't bother to come to work this morning. Here's a picture of the leakage to document my horror and frustrations.

So when I opened my arms to Hagupit she came and slapped me in the face. I am left a bitter empty shell of a once happy woman.
4 comments:
those typhoons ( I am shaking my wrist fist at it)! Always ruining plans.
you know what they say, never trust a filipino. i however am not a racist so i don't say that.
-- matthew
Sorry the rain came and spoiled such an awesome day for you. The naan looks great though, and makes me jealous. I'll miss you and your naan tonight at the office premier. I hope you can be here in spirit. I'll save a seat for you.
On the upside you'll forever more be able to brag that you've lived through multiple typhoons. It may not be walking uphill in the snow both ways, but it'll bore your kids just the same!
I don't think that's water. =S
Post a Comment