Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Mid-Autumn

Today is the Mid-Autumn Festival, one of the two big holidays in China. I love holidays and try to get into them, regardless of the culture or the strange story behind the day. Let me just say thank you Chang'e (Don't know who she is? Time to brush up on your Chinese culture!) for swallowing the pill so we can now enjoy lanterns and mooncakes once a year!

My gift to you on this joyous day is a picture of most everyone I work with: (l-r) Andrew, me, Joanne, and Koon. I hope this satisfies your curiosity Mom and Katie!

8 comments:

Minharos said...

KELSEY!! Mid-Autumn Festival is great, however, I do request you submit an entire post of you eating a "mooncake," And not just the outside, but THE WHOLE THING! (cut one in half, and tell me what you think is in the middle . . . .)

Levy

Bikram Back Row Girl said...

I second that--because now I want to know what is in the middle.

Sydney Vivian Lambson said...

excuse me, koon is adorable. did you go to the beach like I told you to?

Brown Sugar said...

I am with Sydney, use this vacation time effectively and convince Koon to be your boyfriend.

Minharos said...

I love Sydney, and I hope Koon doesn't check your blog as much as Levy :)

Atticus just ran up and saw your picture and urgently shouted, "Mom, Kelsey!" now he's saying "Kelsey being a doctor" repeatedly?!?!?!?!

Leisel said...

So how many votes do you need for Koon? You can count mine! So now haw about some pics of the kids and what you actually do there. Do you take post requests?

Anonymous said...

Kelsey and Koon! I DO like the sound of that. It's great alliteration and you know how that just makes everything sound so much more interesting!

Kristine hipps said...

Mmm,mmm,mmm:)