Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Pocky and Other Things

Oh the simple joys of life...

Pocky: chocolate covered biscuit sticks

My dear friend Sydney Lambson introduced me to these little beauties when she was in town. The other night I bought a box as a treat to keep in my flat for chocolate emergencies. Unfortunately, I ate the whole box in one sitting. In my defense, it isn't a large box. I hear you can get them in the states, if so, check them out!

My neighbor's incense burning shrine

On my floor landing and then inside my flat I am constantly being greeted by the strong smell of incense. Those of you who know me well know how I just can't get enough of that incense! No, I actually hate the smell and suffered from terrible headaches the first week I moved in. Now I have kind of grown accustomed to it. Levy told me this would happen, I just couldn't believe that I could ever be okay with pungent aroma of new age freaks!

Disturbing art work

I saw this little beauty at the Teacher Association Market. Look out jazz babies (Remember Angela's poster?), there's a new competitor for creepiest piece of art in town. I don't know where to begin with this number. Could it be the lace and legwarmer combo of the lady's outfit? The sad, dejected face of the man so proudly declaring this woman his lady? Or could it be the fact that this was marketed to teachers to buy for their students? Was does it mean? That's all I want to know. Or do I?

3 comments:

Leisel said...

So you are already over the smell of incense or are you used to the constant headache it brings? It has the same effect on me too. When i first walked into my first flat in Veronezh it smelled badly of urine. That smell never went away, but at least it didnt cause headaches!

Brown Sugar said...

when I was in China everytime I purchased a CD or DVD it would come with a free poster tucked inside, the poster was almost more exciting than the CD. This allowed me to start a very large library of David Beckham posters that I was eventually able to wall paper my bathroom with. I would recommend sticking with Becks and forget the weird aname stuff.

Sydney Vivian Lambson said...

Yes and yes. I love myself some pocky sticks.